Mission Action Statement
Engaging in welcoming, pastoral care, faith formation for all ages, the sanctification of each other and the world and support of vocations (Laity and Ordained). Celebrating the richness of care and support for each other by providing service to the poor, homeless, refugees, the sick and bereaved and the elderly and working for social justice and the protection of the environment in union with all people of good faith.
We welcome and journey with all through prayer and service, open to growth and committed to building a community of Christ’s disciples who share the joy of the Gospel.
Holy Family Parish is an inclusive, welcoming community of members filled with The Holy Spirit where all are valued, respected and supported. Our faith in Jesus nourished by the Eucharist urges us to bring people to him and to form missionary disciples who will go out to transform the world.
Holy Family ANZAC Day
April 25, 2020
Archdiocese of Brisbane
AMID the bustle of an uncertain world around us, Brisbane Catholics are being invited to visit and experience a unique overseas mission.
The Missionaries of the Poor are calling for volunteers to visit and serve in their mission house in Labuan Bajo on the Indonesian island of Flores, and to assist in the daily care of disabled residents.
It might sound like a daunting task, however, in 2017 Fr Nev Yun, administrator at the Holy Family Catholic parish at Indooroopilly, led a small group on a nine-night visit to the MOP mission, and described the richness of the experience in terms of simplicity, gentleness and serving.
Latest Parish News
Auto-slide change in 10 secs
- Isolated communities still months away from Mass celebrations
- Boosting at-home palliative care services could save Australia $450 million, new report shows
- Language lessons at St Rita’s College take up international advice on new teaching strategies in pandemic
- Smiling faces as students head back to classes and see friends after six weeks at home under restrictions
- Adelaide archdiocese welcomes new shepherd to St Francis Xavier’s Cathedral
- The Ascension is a ‘bridge between Easter and Pentecost’, a bridge we all stand on in this time
- Vinnies set for ‘wave’ of need, a need that was present in Queensland even before COVID-19 outbreak
Information & Reminders
Hover over text to stop scrolling
Parish InformationLocation: 37 Ward Street, Indooroopilly, Qld 4068 Office Hours: Mon 9am – 12pm | Wed 9am – 3pm | Fri – 9am to 12pm Contact Numbers: Telephone: (07) 33717466 | Fax: (07) 38702541
- Wednesday: Adoration – 5:10pm | Benediction – 5:50pm | Holy Mass – 6:00pm
- Friday: 8:10 am Rosary | Holy Mass – 8:30am
- Saturday: 5:30 pm – Holy Mass
- Sunday: 8:30 am & 6 pm – Holy Mass
Please remember in your prayers
The sick: Ivan Rego, Emile Smets,
Recently Deceased: Lily Maria Beatrice LAU
Anniversaries: Cecil Wilfred Anthony Chardon, Muldon, Cronin, Pultney, Buckley, Hopper, Damien John Ledwich, Evelyn Anna Fortuna, Gloria Clark, Honor Terese Barry, Juan Arturo “Arthur”Esposo, Maria Filomena Argimira Rego, Michael Patrick Saunders,Eileen Keating, Doreen Treffene, Leon McDermid-Rice, Jim Colling, Vera Bradshaw, Win Apelt, Paul Valenti, Joyce Leahy, Fay Betts, Myles Wotley,
Worldwide Marriage Encounter weekend – relationship enrichment for married couples on 12-14 June 2020 live-in at Santa Teresa Spirituality Centre, Ormiston Qld (on Brisbane’s bayside) or 24-25 October 2020 live-out at Indooroopilly (Brisbane inner suburb).
For bookings/details contact: Maria and David Murphy, ph (07) 3342 1456, firstname.lastname@example.org Information website: www.wwme.org.au
Watch our video –
FINANCE COMMITTEE REPORT
For the Financial year ending 31/12/19,the parish enjoyed a modest financial surplus of $103721. However the Parish would have operated at a loss if it were not for rental income received from organizations such as Centacare, which provides outside School Hours Care.
Canonical approval was given for 2 major Capital works. The refurbishment of the Retaining wall and associated civil works will cost $140,000 and the sealing of the church drains an additional $76000. The funds for these projects will be provided from Holy Family reserves. Parishioners will appreciate that this has placed considerable strain on the parish to meet future planned and unplanned Capital Expenditure and maintenance projects. The continuing support from Parishioners is appreciated, and any increase would be gratefully received.
Holy Family Prayer Group
Please come and join us for the Rosary, the Divine Mercy Chaplet and Gospel sharing. Our next prayer group meeting will be on
18th March 2020 at 09:00am
01st April 2020 at 09:00am
For more information, please contact:
Joan Ph: 0466 270 488
Trevor Ph: 0408 643 068
Terence Ph: 0423 553 432
Wednesday morning coffee
Please note that the next morning tea group meeting will be on
18th March 2020 at 10:00am
01st April 2020 at 10:00am
Friday mornings at 08:10am at the at the Sacred space in front of the Parish Hall at the Holy Family Church.
Regular meeting groups for parishioners to offer them faith and formation, undertake bible studies and for them to gain a closer relationship with Christ.
Primis I Monday 07:30pm each fortnight at Miguel and Ingrid Fuentes.
Contact Trevor if you are interested on 0408 643 068
Primis II. Tuesday 07:00pm each fortnight at Holy Family Parish Centre, Holy Family Church.
Contact Stephen if you are interested on 041 7767 318
Sundays 4:00-6:00PM, Morgan Howe Centre. For more info Contact: David Thorley 0431 594 665.
Please call the parish office to confirm
Parish Events, Dates & Times
Father Nev Ordination
5 year anniversary
World Marriage Day
Celebrating Marriage Anniversaries
World Marriage Day
Mass Readings & News
- Swiss accounts frozen in Vatican property deal probe
- Vatican offers online book for parents facing difficult prenatal diagnosis
- Vatican archives will reopen to scholars June 1
- Pope Francis will name Charles de Foucauld a saint. Who was he?
- Pope Francis says prayer is a refuge against evil
- American priest heading for beatification died amid a global pandemic
- Knights of Columbus founder Fr. Michael McGivney to be beatified