Mission Action Statement
Engaging in welcoming, pastoral care, faith formation for all ages, the sanctification of each other and the world and support of vocations (Laity and Ordained). Celebrating the richness of care and support for each other by providing service to the poor, homeless, refugees, the sick and bereaved and the elderly and working for social justice and the protection of the environment in union with all people of good faith.
We welcome and journey with all through prayer and service, open to growth and committed to building a community of Christ’s disciples who share the joy of the Gospel.
Holy Family Parish is an inclusive, welcoming community of members filled with The Holy Spirit where all are valued, respected and supported. Our faith in Jesus nourished by the Eucharist urges us to bring people to him and to form missionary disciples who will go out to transform the world.
Information & Reminders
Parish InformationLocation: 37 Ward Street, Indooroopilly, Qld 4068 Office Hours: Mon 9am – 12pm | Wed 9am – 3pm | Fri – 9am to 12pm Contact Numbers: Telephone: (07) 33717466 | Fax: (07) 38702541
- Wednesday: Adoration – 5:10pm | Benediction – 5:50pm | Holy Mass – 6:00pm
- Friday: 8:10 am Rosary | Holy Mass – 8:30am
- Saturday: 5:30 pm – Holy Mass
- Sunday: 8:30 am & 6 pm – Holy Mass
- Parish Pastoral Council: Fr Nev Yun (Administrator), Deacon Russ Nelson, Georges LeFevre (Chair), Clare Dyer (Deputy-Chair), Margie McKay-Lowndes (Secretary), Kevin Smith, Terence Chan, Martin Kelly, Christina Martin, Trevor Lambkin, Stephen Dyer
- Members of the Finance Council:Justin Byrne, Jennifer Muller, Damien O’Brien, Ashanti Uluwita.
- News from the Parish Pastoral Council
- The Parish council meets on the first Tuesday of each month. Currently, we are discussing the following issues:
- Introducing Alpha – a faith formation course to be piloted in October.·
- Season of Creation – our liturgy in September will address environmental concerns raised in the Pope’s encyclical Laudato Si·
- Pews – restoration and repair
- Parish budget – If you have any concerns you would like to raise with the Council, please place a suggestion in the box in the Church, or contact the Parish Office.
Newsletter via email
As many of you know we have started sending out an email newsletter. If you are not yet receiving this, but would like to, please phone Margie on 0447760529, or let Nanet in the office know.
- Notice to ALL Parishioners: If in your duties assisting the parish with volunteer works in the past or presently, you were assigned with a key that is still in you possession. You are kindly requested to contact the parish office
- Children’s Liturgy: Every Sunday during the 8:30am Mass. (Except School Holidays)
Archdiocese 2-minute homilies
- Did Pope Francis call himself 'the devil?'
- Pope recognizes illicitly ordained Chinese bishops
- Vatican signs deal with China on bishop appointments
- Pope Francis in Vilnius, the 'city of mercy'
- Cardinal Tobin will not attend Oct. Vatican synod
- It's our duty to fight racism, Pope tells international conference
- Dolan 'impatient' waiting for apostolic visitation in response to McCarrick