Mission Action Statement
Engaging in welcoming, pastoral care, faith formation for all ages, the sanctification of each other and the world and support of vocations (Laity and Ordained). Celebrating the richness of care and support for each other by providing service to the poor, homeless, refugees, the sick and bereaved and the elderly and working for social justice and the protection of the environment in union with all people of good faith.
We welcome and journey with all through prayer and service, open to growth and committed to building a community of Christ’s disciples who share the joy of the Gospel.
Holy Family Parish is an inclusive, welcoming community of members filled with The Holy Spirit where all are valued, respected and supported. Our faith in Jesus nourished by the Eucharist urges us to bring people to him and to form missionary disciples who will go out to transform the world.
Archdiocese of Brisbane
AMID the bustle of an uncertain world around us, Brisbane Catholics are being invited to visit and experience a unique overseas mission.
The Missionaries of the Poor are calling for volunteers to visit and serve in their mission house in Labuan Bajo on the Indonesian island of Flores, and to assist in the daily care of disabled residents.
It might sound like a daunting task, however, in 2017 Fr Nev Yun, administrator at the Holy Family Catholic parish at Indooroopilly, led a small group on a nine-night visit to the MOP mission, and described the richness of the experience in terms of simplicity, gentleness and serving.
Latest Parish News
Auto-slide change in 10 secs
- Samford church’s Stations of the Cross a life-changing work for artist Dianne Minnaar
- Michael Morgan’s words inspire Ignatius Park triumph at 40th Confraternity Carnival
- Laity and seminarians ready to explore the Word together at Xavier School of Mission
- Fr Josh is ready to learn in Caloundra parish and gives thanks for his time at the cathedral
- Brisbane archdiocese preparing to host massive discernment event for Plenary Council 2020
- Brisbane centurion celebrates her birthday with friends, family and a surprise papal blessing
- There must always be some purposeful meaning to be discovered within each moment of our lives
Information & Reminders
Hover over text to stop scrolling
Parish InformationLocation: 37 Ward Street, Indooroopilly, Qld 4068 Office Hours: Mon 9am – 12pm | Wed 9am – 3pm | Fri – 9am to 12pm Contact Numbers: Telephone: (07) 33717466 | Fax: (07) 38702541
- Wednesday: Adoration – 5:10pm | Benediction – 5:50pm | Holy Mass – 6:00pm
- Friday: 8:10 am Rosary | Holy Mass – 8:30am
- Saturday: 5:30 pm – Holy Mass
- Sunday: 8:30 am & 6 pm – Holy Mass
Please remember in your prayers
Bryan Beirne, Paul Beirne, Ivan Rego, Norma Forgiarini, Emile Smets.
Cecily Margaret Landy, Joseph Michael O’Connell, Olive Apelt, Bill Higgins, Mr Phil Grehan, Len McGrath, Maureen McGrath, Gertrude Hanrahan, Sr Regis Sullivan, Fr Morgan Howe, Dores Panton, Mary Houston, Marie Skuse, Ssr Elaine Baranoff, Joan Mary Sparksman.
Parish Pastoral Council: Fr Nev Yun (Administrator), Deacon Russ Nelson, Georges LeFevre (Chair), Clare Dyer (Deputy-Chair), Margie McKay-Lowndes (Secretary), Kevin Smith, Terence Chan, Martin Kelly, Christina Martin, Trevor Lambkin, Stephen Dyer Members of the Finance Council:Justin Byrne, Jennifer Muller, Damien O’Brien, Ashanti Uluwita. Children’s Liturgy of the Word: we have a new coordinator, Melody, who is organising the roster until the end of the year.
Care and Concern If you know of anyone who is sick or homebound, and would like a visit or Holy Communion brought to them at home, please contact any one of the following to make suitable arrangements:
The Parish Office Ph: 3371 7446 | Kevin Smith Ph: 0416 007 713 | Terence Chan Ph: 0423 553 432Children’s Liturgy: Every Sunday during the 8:30am Mass. (Except School Holidays)
Encounter Timor Leste in September
Join us for an intimate immersive Encounter with Timorese culture and communities.
Experienced Palms participants will guide your journey from 1 September and deepen understanding of how sustainable development makes a real difference for our neighbours.
Special Group Encounters also available. Call Now!!
Visit palms.org.au/encounters or call Palms now on 02 9560 5333
Aid to the Church in Need – National Appeal for Sri Lanka
The national appeal conducted by Aid to the Church in Need (ACN) for the Church in Sri Lanka is being generously responded to by Australian Catholics and ACN is continuing to receive donations after the Easter Attacks that left 258 dead. To make a donation please visit: www.aidtochurch.org/SriLanka or call ACN on 1800 101 201.
Parish Events, Dates & Times
Father Nev's Ordination
Mass Readings & News
- Pope Francis: Judge your own heart first – not that of those in need
- Italian Cardinal Paolo Sardi dies at age 84
- Vatican will open two ossuaries next week in continued cemetery investigation
- Vatican tomb investigation uncovers empty graves
- Vatican to open tombs in connection with decades-old cold case
- Sistine Chapel Choir director ceases duties
- Holy See waives diplomatic immunity for accused nuncio to France