Mission Action Statement
Engaging in welcoming, pastoral care, faith formation for all ages, the sanctification of each other and the world and support of vocations (Laity and Ordained). Celebrating the richness of care and support for each other by providing service to the poor, homeless, refugees, the sick and bereaved and the elderly and working for social justice and the protection of the environment in union with all people of good faith.
We welcome and journey with all through prayer and service, open to growth and committed to building a community of Christ’s disciples who share the joy of the Gospel.
Holy Family Parish is an inclusive, welcoming community of members filled with The Holy Spirit where all are valued, respected and supported. Our faith in Jesus nourished by the Eucharist urges us to bring people to him and to form missionary disciples who will go out to transform the world.
Archdiocese of Brisbane
AMID the bustle of an uncertain world around us, Brisbane Catholics are being invited to visit and experience a unique overseas mission.
The Missionaries of the Poor are calling for volunteers to visit and serve in their mission house in Labuan Bajo on the Indonesian island of Flores, and to assist in the daily care of disabled residents.
It might sound like a daunting task, however, in 2017 Fr Nev Yun, administrator at the Holy Family Catholic parish at Indooroopilly, led a small group on a nine-night visit to the MOP mission, and described the richness of the experience in terms of simplicity, gentleness and serving.
Latest Parish News
Auto-slide change in 10 secs
- Let’s talk about death
- Fr Martin Doyle preached the Word of God with kind-hearted warmth
- Queensland Christian voters contributed to ALP’s poor election result, report finds
- Brisbane students tell Plenary Council planners what they want for the Church
- Emma Fradd says Australian parish music is dead – but not gone
- Centacare honours heroes at annual Awards event
- Brisbane parishes asked to take caution amidst extreme bushfire crisis
Information & Reminders
Hover over text to stop scrolling
Parish InformationLocation: 37 Ward Street, Indooroopilly, Qld 4068 Office Hours: Mon 9am – 12pm | Wed 9am – 3pm | Fri – 9am to 12pm Contact Numbers: Telephone: (07) 33717466 | Fax: (07) 38702541
- Wednesday: Adoration – 5:10pm | Benediction – 5:50pm | Holy Mass – 6:00pm
- Friday: 8:10 am Rosary | Holy Mass – 8:30am
- Saturday: 5:30 pm – Holy Mass
- Sunday: 8:30 am & 6 pm – Holy Mass
Please remember in your prayers
The sick: Ivan Rego, Emile Smets, Lina Daddow, the Lip family, the Cross family.
Anniversaries: Anton Moharich, Helena Czekierda, Murray Francis, Kevin & Betty Meagher, Mary Grehan, Karla Whyte, Francis Clayton, Francis Vacey, Tom Grant, Dale Wardlow, Faye Rich, Josephine Awai, Mary Awai, Muldon, Cronin, Pultney, Buckley, Hopper,Christian Brian Gallagher, Jane Taylor.
Volunteer Safeguarding Representative: Jane Chappell
Email: email@example.com Phone:0435 147 948
STOPline Service Ph: 1300 304 550 Email: AOB@stopline.com.au
Youth and Young Adult Ministry Coordinator: .
Youth Ministry Coordinator
part time, 10 hours per week
Holy Family Church, Indooroopilly
The successful applicant would be expected to work towards the establishment and development a youth ministry program in the parish for the purposes of evangelization and building community.
All applications should be submitted via email with a current resume and covering letter outlining your suitability for the position to Fr Nev Yun, Parish Priest at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Applications close Friday 29th November 2019. Please note only those shortlisted for interview will be contacted.
For more details about the position please visit:
The Archdiocese of Brisbane has standards of conduct for employees and volunteers to maintain a safe and healthy environment. Our commitment to these standards requires that we conduct background referencing for all persons who will engage in direct and regular involvement with children, young people and/or vulnerable adult.
THE JOURNEY CATHOLIC RADIO PROGRAM – AIRS 17 November 2019
This week on the Journey, we reflect with Fr Gra-ham on the Gospel from Luke. The sensational words of wisdom from Mother Hilda grace the show as well as the likes of Marilyn Rodrigues, the Peaceful Parent and Trish McCarthy. Kick off your preparation for Advent with our reflections – Go to WWW.jcr.org.au or www.itunes.jcr.org.au and to ensure that you never miss a show it can be sent to you each week as a podcast via email – for free
Parish Events, Dates & Times
Father Nev's Ordination
Mass Readings & News
- Pope Francis: Tech companies have a responsibility to protect children
- Pope Francis urges dialogue in face of ongoing jihadist violence in Burkina Faso
- Pope Francis names Spanish Jesuit head of Vatican's economy secretariat
- Pope Francis denounces rise in anti-Semitism
- New York bishops to vote remotely in Rome for USCCB elections
- Cardinal O'Malley: Pope Francis will publish Vatican McCarrick report 'soon'
- Pope Francis: Inclusive capitalism leaves no one behind