Mission Action Statement
Engaging in welcoming, pastoral care, faith formation for all ages, the sanctification of each other and the world and support of vocations (Laity and Ordained). Celebrating the richness of care and support for each other by providing service to the poor, homeless, refugees, the sick and bereaved and the elderly and working for social justice and the protection of the environment in union with all people of good faith.
We welcome and journey with all through prayer and service, open to growth and committed to building a community of Christ’s disciples who share the joy of the Gospel.
Holy Family Parish is an inclusive, welcoming community of members filled with The Holy Spirit where all are valued, respected and supported. Our faith in Jesus nourished by the Eucharist urges us to bring people to him and to form missionary disciples who will go out to transform the world.
Archdiocese of Brisbane
AMID the bustle of an uncertain world around us, Brisbane Catholics are being invited to visit and experience a unique overseas mission.
The Missionaries of the Poor are calling for volunteers to visit and serve in their mission house in Labuan Bajo on the Indonesian island of Flores, and to assist in the daily care of disabled residents.
It might sound like a daunting task, however, in 2017 Fr Nev Yun, administrator at the Holy Family Catholic parish at Indooroopilly, led a small group on a nine-night visit to the MOP mission, and described the richness of the experience in terms of simplicity, gentleness and serving.
Latest Parish News
Auto-slide change in 10 secs
- Marie Downes has played for four decades but still not an organist
- Catholics gear up for bushfire collections on Australia Day
- Chermside West priest handing on award-winning Christmas lights tradition
- ‘Santa’s beard’ of 38 years gets the chop, raising $10,000 for L’Arche Community
- Bishop who advocated for Scott Rush’s family urges government to bring Bali Nine home
- Pope calling us to study the Word of God with the whole Church
- Prime Minister Scott Morrison joins climate of action over bushfire devastation
Information & Reminders
Hover over text to stop scrolling
Parish InformationLocation: 37 Ward Street, Indooroopilly, Qld 4068 Office Hours: Mon 9am – 12pm | Wed 9am – 3pm | Fri – 9am to 12pm Contact Numbers: Telephone: (07) 33717466 | Fax: (07) 38702541
- Wednesday: Adoration – 5:10pm | Benediction – 5:50pm | Holy Mass – 6:00pm
- Friday: 8:10 am Rosary | Holy Mass – 8:30am
- Saturday: 5:30 pm – Holy Mass
- Sunday: 8:30 am & 6 pm – Holy Mass
Please remember in your prayers
Ivan Rego, Emile Smets, Lina Daddow, the Lip family, the Cross family. Recently Deceased: Anniversaries: Muldon, Cronin, Pultney, Buckley, Hopper, Philil Grehan, John Ashe, Margaret Ann Henry , Beryl Audrey Hall, Joyce Frances Anderson, Gerard Jayarajah Pulle, Karen Margaret Burch, Audrey Florence Ledwich, Stanley Patrick Neale, Les TaylorBUSH FIRE APPEAL Parishioners wanting to support our fellow Australians suffering as a result of the Bushfires, may like to do so by donating through the St Vincent de Paul / Channel 9 Bushfire appeal. https://donate.vinnies.org.au/appeals-nsw/vinnies-nsw-bushfire-appeal-nsw Finally check out The Chosen trailer https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K1-FoFj8Jbo Download the Chosen App – www.youtube.com/watch?v=gJQi6KE91kE “The New Community Bible (Catholic Edition) and God’s Word 2020 – Final Week of Promotion If you did not previously order your copy of The New Community Bible ($18.95) or God’s Word 2020 ($12.00) but would like a copy, please write your name and contact details on the clipboard at the back of the church straight after mass. Alternatively, contact Nanet at the parish office on Ph: 3371 7446 or Terence Chan on 0423 553 432 by Tuesday, 14 January. The parish will have them ready for pick up after the weekend masses on 18, 19 January 2020. Please bring the correct change when you pick up your copies. Thank you for your interest” Cathedral Guides & Welcomers Cathedral Guides & Welcomers invite you to an information session on Thursday 6 February 2020 at 10.30am to discover the delights of volunteering with the Cathedral Guides & Welcomers. The meeting will be held in the Hanly Room of the Francis Rush Centre. If you enjoy meeting people; love your Cathedral and revel in good art and juicy history, the rewards of becoming a volunteer with the Cathedral Guides and Welcomers is beyond measure. A comprehensive training program is offered. If this ministry appeals to you, please contact the Cathedral on 3324 3030 or email firstname.lastname@example.org, by Friday 24 January 2020 Volunteer Safeguarding Representative: Jane Chappell Email: email@example.com Phone:0435 147 948 STOPline Service Ph: 1300 304 550 Email: AOB@stopline.com.au Youth and Young Adult Ministry Coordinator: . Phone: Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Parish Events, Dates & Times
Father Nev's Ordination
Mass Readings & News
- Pope Francis denounces ‘barbaric resurgence’ of anti-Semitism
- Pope Francis: To know Christ better, contemplate his 'holy face'
- Minn. young adults accompany, pray for bishops on ad limina visit to Rome
- 2020 Pope Francis trip to Indonesia, East Timor, and Papua New Guinea possible
- 'No misunderstanding': Cardinal Sarah meets with pope emeritus
- Gregorian University to ‘review’ bishop’s allegedly plagiarized dissertation
- Synod relator advises bishops on presenting Amazon apostolic exhortation